Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Coconut Breakfast Quinoa

I've recently been obsessed with a new food blog that I found and I must share the goodness with you.

It's called How Sweet It Is and can be found here:

Before I start gushing about how much I love this blog and the crazy food cominations that this girl comes up with, let me just preface with saying that I love food. I like to eat it, I like to cook it, I like to try new food, read about food and I spend way too much time thinking about food. If you scroll down a few posts, you can read my confession about my love affair with food and how I need to stop myself from constantly eating. That said, I am always up for new and different recipes outside of the whole meat and potatoes thing and this blog delivers.

This blog offers recipes for food combinations that I never would have considered: Hot Blueberry Cheddar Dip, Bacon, Peanut Butter Banana Bread, Thai Chicken Enchiladas are just a few! And no matter how weird the recipe, the blogger, Jessica, has amazing photos and descriptions of the food that make you want to run to the store and try the recipe right away. I wish I had this girl's brain (and metabolism... I don't know how she is still skinny) to come up with these recipes. But, if you can't beat em, join em! So I am sharing this blog with all of you so you don't miss out on the deliciousness.

I adapted my Caramelized Onion, Capicolla and Peach Pizza from her Summer Pizza recipe (who would have thought to put fruit on pizza? Not me!) and it was great!



I see her latest post is 135 Recipes for Football Season that I am so pumped about. Not only can this girl cook, but she understands the love of football! Is anyone else excited for the Season Opener on Wednesday? (I hope to try 1 or 2 of the 135 football recipes to celebrate!)

So this past weekend I decided to try out her Breakfast Quinoa Recipe and fell in love! I have tried breakfast quinoa before and I found it very boring, and very similar any oatmeal I have tried, but this recipe knocks it out of the park. The combo of coconut milk, bananas and the nuts really make it amazing. I added in some frozen blueberries because what breakfast isn't better with blueberries? They added a nice tartness and flavor to top off the breakfast.



I've eaten this for breakfast twice this weekend and will likely make a batch to put in the fridge for breakfasts this week.

You need to try this! It's way better and more filling than oatmeal!

That's my food love rant for the day. Check out How Sweet It Is online and try some new recipes. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Happy cooking and eating!

C


No comments:

Post a Comment