Monday, January 31, 2011

My Story


So,

As an introduction to my blog, I figure it might be a good idea to share a little about me and who I am and what makes me tick.

I grew up in a small farming town of about 3500 in Southwestern Ontario. I am the youngest of 5 children, I have 3 older brothers and 1 older sister, and am an Aunt 7 time over. I had a pretty normal childhood and teen years. I loved to hang out with friends, go to youth group and sing.

I attended College for Office Administration and then obtained my Ministerial Diploma from Bible College. During and after school I worked at my home church for 5 years starting out as a Summer Student and then doing book keeping and then moving to more administrative work and then working as the Administrative Pastor. I loved my church family and my co-workers and my job there was a very fulfilling experience for me.

Andrew and I met online through eHarmony while I was living at home and working at the church. Living three hours away from each other was difficult but we made it work by one of us traveling almost every weekend to visit the other. We both put a ton of kilometres on our cars during that time.

In the spring of last year I had the opportunity to apply and interview for a job at Compassion Canada and was lucky enough to be chosen to work for such an amazing organization. Taking this job required me to move 2 hours away from home, which also brought me 2 hours closer to Andrew. After much prayer and thinking I took the job and in May of 2010, I embarked on my very own grown up adventure in life. I got my first apartment, started my new job and found a new home church.

Thanksgiving of 2010 Andrew and I got engaged (our love story with be in a future post... stay tuned) and Andrew moved into his own apartment here in London in November.

I am loving having my fiance in the same city as me, I am loving working for an organization that changes so many lives (more about Compassion in another future post) and I am loving planning our wedding set for this coming summer.

Life is great and I am taking life as it comes. I always tease Andrew that unexpected surprises are just another adventure, and he always rolls his eyes at me. But I know that life is all about what you make it to be and I am determined to enjoy every stage of it!

That's me!

- C

P.S. Did you all have a good weekend? What is your way of handling unexpected surprises in your own life?

No comments:

Post a Comment