Friday, January 28, 2011

The story of Felicitous


Why Did I Start a Blog?

Over the last few weeks I have really gotten into following blogs. I have a few that I read daily and others that I check every so often to see what is new. As I would read the stories found on the webpages, I would get enamored with the great ideas and the journeys that the bloggers are on and in turn get excited and inspired in my life and what is happening in it.

So the thought occurred to me the other day that if I love to read blogs so much, why not start to write my own?

That is where I find myself today, typing my first blog post.

I have to admit that I have tried to start a blog a few years ago, but I got discouraged when I wouldn't have very many visitors or when I couldn't think of anything to write.

I think this blog is going to be different. I want to use this blog to write down inspired (or not so inspired) thoughts about life, share some of the amazing recipes that I am discovering in my new found love for cooking, share some of my discoveries when it comes to healthy living and even share a bit about this exciting time in my life called ENGAGEMENT. I hope that this blog inspires my readers to look at their life through a lens of contentment and inspiration.


Why is your blog called Felicitous?

When trying to decide what to call this ever exciting new endeavor called a blog, I did some research and was told that you blog title should be something that describes what your blog is about and that will draw people in to your blog.

I was at a complete loss when it came to a name for my blog. I am not a creative person at all (which is funny when you hear about all the things I plan to do MYSELF for our wedding in July) but I love to do research. So, naturally I researched a name for my blog. In my research I discovered that my name, Carrie, means a song of joy. This I thought was quite interesting because I want my life to reflect contentment and joy in all I do, so I thought some sort of play on the word joy would be a great name for my blog.

Once I consulted my handy dandy online thesaurus (which I did not have to do research to find, I know the address for the online thesaurus off by heart), I found the word felicitous and fell in love with the meaning.

For me this word means two things:

a) well fitting, happening at the right time - I want my blog to show how I am contented with life no matter where it takes me and that I know there is Someone out there ordering my days.
b) marked by happiness - I want to reflect joy

This might sound cheesy to some, but for me, this was the perfect word, the perfect theme for my life, the perfect motto to live by, and the perfect title for my new blog.


So Now What?

Stay tuned for my ramblings as I try out new recipes, strive to live a healthy life, work to plan a budget friendly and beautiful wedding, and endeavor to record some of my thoughts on life.

I feel like I am right on the precipice of something great!


- C


P.S. Stay tuned to my next couple of posts that will share more about me and my life! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment